From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] configuring NFS server to handle client reboots
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 02:10:07
1 On Sun, Jun 30, 2013 at 08:10:53PM +0300, Timur Aydin wrote
2
3 > I know that a sm-notify program is used on both NFS clients/servers to
4 > notify reboots, but this embedded system does not have the sm-notify
5 > capability. And I would rather not try to port it to uClinux.
6 >
7 > So, my question is, can I somehow configure the NFS server to
8 > allow mounting the same directory repeatedly whenever the NFS
9 > client reboots?
10
11 A possible "quick-n-dirty" approach is to run a script that first
12 does a "umount" of the share, and then does the mount. Ignore error
13 messages from the umount attempt.
16 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
17 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications