From: "Schleimer
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hard setting additional search domains into DHCP-overwrited resolv.conf
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2006 13:28:13
1 I too am interested in knowing how to do this.
2 Theres no obvious place in /etc/config.d/net(work?) to set new search domains in resolv.conf
3 if anyone can provide info on this, I'd appricate it.
4
5 Thanks!
6 Ben
7
8 "Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place.
9 Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are,
10 by definition, not smart enough to debug it." - Brian W. Kernighan
14 ----- Original Message ----
15 From: Marco Lazzeri <marco.lazzeri@×××××.com>
16 To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
17 Sent: Tue 31 Jan 2006 11:38:12 AM IST
18 Subject: [gentoo-user] Hard setting additional search domains into DHCP-overwrited resolv.conf
19
20 Hi,
21
22 I've been trying for a while to hard set additional search domains into
23 my '/etc/resolv.conf', but the 'dhcpcd' daemon keeps overwriting the
24 whole configuration at start.
25
26 I've been googling around and searching into bugs.gentoo.org. I've also
27 tried some kinds of settings from `man resolv.conf`: currently I'm
28 starting the `dhcpcd` service with '-R -N -Y' params and I've also
29 tried setting 'dhcpcd_eth0' into '/etc/conf.d/net' to 'nodns'. No way.
30
31 I'm sure enough I'm missing something, but I don't know where else I
32 should look at. Any hints?
33
34 Thank you,
35 Marco