From: Manuel Mommertz <2kmm@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Peculiar problem: no su - to root
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 21:21:53
1 Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 22:05:14 CET schrieb Harry Putnam:
2 > I've just completed getting gentoo booted as guest in vbox vm.
3 >
4 > I'm having a peculiar problem. I cannot call `su -' or `su root' and
5 > login as root.
6 >
7 > I can still get to root by `ssh root@localhost' having set up
8 > /etc/sshd_config while still chrooted during install.
9 >
10 > Still no getting to root by way of `su -' or `su root'
11 >
12 > I just get the `Permission denied' message.
13 >
14 > I've never had this happen before over many installs of various linux
15 > distros.
16 >
17 > I did try ssh root@localhost and then resetting root passwd while
18 > logged in as root, but still no getting to root by `su -'.
19 >
20 > Any ideas whats might be wrong.
21
22 Adding you normal user to the wheel group should help. ;)