From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and adding a option, if it exists.
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 15:24:23
1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 17:19:09 +0200, Ramon Fischer wrote:
2
3 > And if you like Bash brace expansions; this one is sometimes quicker,
4 > than tab-completion and removing characters:
5 >
6 >     $ mv file.txt{,.bak}
7 >     file.txt.bak
8 >     $ mv file.txt,{bak,img}
9 >     file.txt.img
10 >     $ mv file.txt{img,}
11 >     file.txt
12
13 $ mv -b oldname newname
14
15 If newname exists, it is renamed with a ~ extension.
18 > -Ramon
19 >