From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Packages from overlays
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2007 04:28:16
1 On Saturday 13 January 2007 01:49, Willie Wong wrote:
2 > Is there a way of finding out whether I have packages installed on
3 > my system from a given overlay? I am asking because I noticed that
4 > some of the packages I've installed (such as GoogleEarth) from
5 > overlays had been incorporated into the official portage. I would
6 > like to 'unsubscribe' to overlays that doesn't have packages that I
7 > need.
8
9 Portage currently does not store any information about where a package was
10 installed from. Therefore the best you can do is manually inspect the output
11 of `eix --installed-overlay`. It will show all packages where the version you
12 have installed exists in any overlay (and you can see if they exist in the
13 tree too). That, however, only implies that they might have been installed
14 from that overlay..
15
16 It does require app-portage/eix-0.8.x. Also if you use update-eix-remote you
17 better (re)move the eix database (/var/cache/eix) and regenerate the database
18 with `update-eix` first or you will get a lot of false positives. IOW you
19 need the eix database to only contain installed overlays.
22 Bo Andresen