From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] browser advice
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 22:51:37
1 Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > I'm about to dump Firefox, because I can't google in English. The thing
3 > doesn't let me choose the language, and I'm tired of getting useless
4 > Brazilian links. Yes, I know about the settings, I already deleted the
5 > google.pt cookie, but it's no use. I don't know, nor care, whose fault
6 > it is (Google's, firefox's or mine, for not having telepathic gifts), I
7 > just won't let anyone choose for me.
8 >
9 > So, the point is: what browser now? Firefox is the one more often
10 > mentioned in this list. How about Konqueror or Opera? The latter is
11 > hardly ever mentioned. Is there some special reason for this? For
12 > example, is it activelly maintained? Is it missing some particular
13 > feature? It looks nice enough, but is there some catch? And Konqueror? I
14 > already use KDE, so that's not an issue.
15 >
16 > I would appreciate your opinions.
19 You could also try Seamonkey [1] which is closer replacement of Mozilla
20 than Firefox. It is an "all-in-one" solution just like Mozilla (web
21 browser, e-mail client, HTML composer, IRC client). It can be found in
22 portage.
23
24 [1] http://www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/
27 P.S.
28 Have you set Firefox to clean your private information (and especially
29 cookies) at exit? If so, the behavior you describe is normal, because
30 your preferences for google are stored by cookies.
33 Best regards,
34 Daniel
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list