From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Rationalizing log files
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 17:38:14
1 On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 03:42:44AM -0500, Dale wrote
2
3 > Basically, it's two files, that I can find anyway. One is to run it as
4 > a cron and the other tells it what to rotate. If you duplicate that, it
5 > should help. Of course, make sure whatever cron you are using is
6 > running as well.
7 >
8 > Hope that helps.
9
10 Strange. My files match yours. Manual rotation did not work. I
11 inserted...
12
13 maxsize 8M
14
15 ...into syslog-ng and ran logrotate, which finally worked.
18 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
19 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications