From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo User <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ALSA wizard...
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 17:11:16
1 On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 10:04 AM Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 5:27 PM Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
8 > > If it's true that discord is so picky then I wonder if there would
9 be some value in testing your virtual sound card with some other app to
10 ensure that at least the basic Alsa needs are being met?
11 > >
12 > > https://www.ubuntupit.com/top-20-best-linux-video-conferencing-software/
13 > >
14 > Sure, I'll keep looking, but discord seems to come with the best
15 > features, barring the small detail of being linux-hostile. For
16 > example, jitsi (the 1st in that list) only supports Chrome and
17 > Firefox, excluding MacOS users who are not willing to install one of
18 > these...
19 >
20 I __ONLY__ meant for testing purposes. I understand discord is the result
21 we are working toward. Right now I don't know what the root cause of the
22 failure is so testing some other app and discovering it works would tell us
23 the virtual card does what you need in full-duplex real-time mode. However
24 if we cannot make any app work correctly then we have to work more in the
25 virtual card part.
26
27 Just an idea,
28 Mark