From: Moshe Kamensky <samvimes@××××××××.fm>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Intel HDA soundcard, microphones and skype
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:51:57
1 * Matthew R. Lee <gentoo@××××××××××.org> [12/10/06 09:24]:
2 > On Wednesday 11 October 2006 22:19, Richard Fish wrote:
3 > > On 10/11/06, Matthew R. Lee <gentoo@××××××××××.org> wrote:
4 > Thanks for the help & info. I'm in the UK at the moment and it's
5 > getting late. I'll try it in the morning Thanks
6 > Matt
7
8 I have the same problems (with a dv8000 laptop) I applied the patch to
9 alsa-1.0.13 (after a few modifications) and the quality of the sound
10 improved significantly. I also get more switches in alsamixer. However,
11 the microphone still doesn't work. I have a column saying ExtMic in
12 alsamixer, but it says only 'L CAPTUR R' in red, and has no volume
13 control. Is there a way to make the microphone work as well?
14
15 Thanks,
16 Moshe