From: Pawel Kraszewski <Gentoo@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] IPtables question
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 08:50:20
1 Dnia ¶roda, 31 stycznia 2007, James Colby napisa³:
2
3 > I have a small home server that I have connected to the internet
4 > through a linksys router and cable modem. The linksys router is
5 > currently forwarding all ssh traffic to my gentoo box. What I would
7
8 Take note, that forwarded traffic (it is DNAT-ed in Linksys) would appear on
9 your host as originating from your router. Original source address is
10 stripped by router's NAT.
11
12 Ergo, you need source address filtering in your router.
16 Pawel Kraszewski
17 www.kraszewscy.net
20 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list