From: "Spider (DmD Lj)" <spider@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] VI
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 13:21:14
1 On Sat, 2005-12-24 at 11:15 +0000, Ivan Novick wrote:
2 > Does anyone know if there is a gentoo package for normal VI, ie not vim??
3
4 You don't want normal vi, trust me on this. : )
5
6 We do have "nvi", (elvis, but I'm not sure there) and if you're
7 desperate for the original feeling of loss, the busybox vi
8 implementation. However, the -classic- vi source is a headache and its
9 use of terminfo so horrendous that it causes brain-hemorrhaging if you
10 try to update it.
13 //Spider
14 ex vi maintainer. Now suffering from hemorrhaging brainzombies.
15 --
16 begin .signature
17 Tortured users / Laughing in pain
19 end