From: john <jdm@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] radeon screen resolution
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 12:47:01
1 On Tue, 29 Dec 2015 11:05:12 +0200
2 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > On 29/12/2015 11:01, Mick wrote:
5 > > On Tuesday 29 Dec 2015 02:00:33 wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
6 > >
7 > >> There is a kernel option DRM_LOAD_EDID_FIRMWARE. It allows you to
8 > >> specify an EDID data set instead of probing for it. If your problem
9 > >> is caused by broken EDID data, this option maybe will help you to
10 > >> run the monitor at its full resolution.
11 > >>
12 > >> --
13 > >> Regards
14 > >> wabe
15 > >
16 > > How would you know what to specify for EDID data, unless the
17 > > monitor told you what it is?
20 > or if the monitor manufacturer told you what it should be
21 >
22 > /alanm
25 I have had a play with that but no success yet. I have followed the
26 howto but no success yet but I think now I will have to find .bin file
27 or settings from manufacturer.
28
29 Darn these gaming monitors!
30