From: Meino.Cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] VIM and colors and the gui on the console or so...
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2016 17:36:14
1 Hi,
2
3 I am always interested in the newest version of all new versions
4 of VIM, my favourite editor. ;)
5 In recent changes, vim got the ability to render GUI colors on
6 the console...BUT one needs a
7 (cite from the vim help pages):
8
9 When on, uses |highlight-guifg| and |highlight-guibg| attributes in
10 the terminal (thus using 24-bit color). Requires a ISO-8613-3
11 compatible terminal.
12
13 My question is:
14 Is it possible to make urxvt "ISO-8613-3 compatible" as I either get
15 a bunch of error messages from vim (guicolors not set) or a colored
16 vim window...but the colors are extremly bright and variations of
17 red, orange and yellow....when using the "zenburn" colorscheme,
18 which is the true opposite of it.
19
20 And -- if urxvt cannot to be convinced to be compatible -- what
21 comparable terminal is recommended for that purpose...
22
23 May there is another vim geek/nerd out there, who has already fixed
24 that??
25
26 Thank you very much in advanced!
27 :wq ;)