From: Richard Fish <bigfish@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - hardware problem: laptop shuts down
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 16:57:50
1 On 7/28/06, Martin S <shieldfire@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Anyone more hardware knowledgeble than me? (Can't be that hard...)
3 > I've got a 3-yo Siemens Amilo laptop that shuts down fairly often.
4
5 You mean it powers off all by itself? Or hangs/crashes?
6
7 I assume you've checked the BIOS settings for power management, and
8 that it is all disabled?
9
10 Have you tried monitoring the CPU temperature in
11 /proc/acpi/thermal_zone/THM/temperature?
12
13 Do the fans actually turn on? Have you tried blowing them out?
14
15 -Richard
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list