From: Ernie Schroder <schroder@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] OT - 2 Questions
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 22:19:20
1 On Thursday 23 February 2006 16:44, a tiny voice compelled Michael Sullivan to
2 write:
3 > On Thu, 2006-02-23 at 15:41 -0500, Ernie Schroder wrote:
4 > > On Thursday 23 February 2006 14:36, a tiny voice compelled Michael
5 > > Sullivan to
6 > >
7 > > write:
8 > > > PaperPort 6100
9 > >
10 > > from:
11 > > http://www.sane-project.org/sane-backends.html
12 > >
13 > > PaperPort 6100 Parport unsupported Most probably not supported. More
14 > > details would be appreciated.
15 > >
16 > > --
17 > > Regards, Ernie
18 >
19 > What more details do you need, and how would I go about getting them for
20 > you? This is my first scanner, and I know barely anything about
21 > hardware to begin with...
24 The sane page was asking for more details... If you knew the chipset the
25 scanner uses, you might be able to find another supported scanner who's
26 backend might work. It's also possible that Visionair didn't make the
27 scanner, but rebranded someone else's design.
28 You might join the Sane-devel list and ask if anyone has had success.