From: Bryan Gardiner <bog@××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] pavucontrol - Pulseaudio Volume Control, save settings
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 19:10:04
1 On Tue, 23 Dec 2014 00:21:29 -0600
2 Sid S <r030t1@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Pulseaudio is started automatically by either your desktop environment
5 > or programs which make use of it. It's running under your user.
6 >
7 > To solve your problem, I would look at adding `pactl` or `pacmd` line
8 > to any startup scripts you might have available. Note I don't actually
9 > think you are experiencing pulseaudio "forgetting" your settings - I'm
10 > pretty sure the default behavior just prefers external devices to
11 > internal ones (so, you're fighting pulseaudio in this case).
12
13 Pulseaudio has some etc-updatable config files for this that are
14 loaded when it starts, in /etc/pulse or something like that (I don't
15 have PA installed anymore). You can put pactl commands in there.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Bryan
21 Go game editor :: http://khumba.net/projects/goatee :: AGPL, Haskell
22 I: [pulseaudio] main.c: Fresh high-resolution timers available! Bon appetit!