From: Collins Richey <crichey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: amd64 installation questions
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:57:19
1 On 7/31/06, Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Collins Richey wrote:
3 > > The only gotcha I found was with the xorg modular installation. After
4 > > completing the basic installation, I did an 'emerge xfce4' and let
5 > > portage calculate all the dependancies including xorg. When all was
6 > > said and done, I discovered that the automatic dependancy selection
7 > > had not included the keyboard and mouse modules for xorg, so I had to
8 > > emerge these manually.
9 >
10 > Did you remember to add the line:
11 >
12 > INPUT_DEVICES="keyboard mouse"
13 >
14 > to your /etc/make.conf? This should pull in the keyboard and mouse
15 > stuff automatically.
18 Cool, I'll add that to my bag of tricks. It's been about 2 years since
19 the last time I built a Gentoo system, so a few things have changed.
22 Collins Richey
23 If you fill your heart with regrets of yesterday and the worries
24 of tomorrow, you have no today to be thankful for.
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list