From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox-10.0.1 fails to compile on x86
Date: Sat, 25 Feb 2012 14:29:19
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > On 25/02/12 13:43, Dale wrote:
3 >> Walter Dnes wrote:
4 >>> In that case, the benchmarks are useless. From my personal
5 >>> experience... a fresh i686 install on a 4 and 1/2 year old Dell with
6 >>> onboard Intel GPU was not able to keep up with the slowest available
7 >>> speed on NHL Gamecenter Live. Ditto for 1080i TV from my HDHomerun
8 >>> tuner box. After rebuilding system+world+kernel with "march=native",
9 >>> it works just fine for the above tasks. I'm not the only one to see
10 >>> this. See thread...
11 >>
12 >> It's odd that I was thinking about your video problem when I posted my
13 >> reply earlier.
14 >>
15 >> If using those makes no difference, why even have the option?
16 >
17 > I was talking about Firefox though, which was what this thread is about :-P
22 But one could read that as for all software.
23
24 Dale
25
29 I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or
30 how you interpreted my words!
31
32 Miss the compile output? Hint:
33 EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"