From: lee <lee@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] what to use for a pppoe client?
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2015 12:32:53
1 Hi,
2
3 I need a pppoe client, no server part necessary, to replace the
4 black-box router because that thing sucks.
5
6 Which package would you recommend? There seem to be at least two I
7 could use:
10 net-dialup/ppp
11 net-dialup/rp-pppoe
14 I'd like to see some connection statistics, i. e. the connection should
15 be active 24/7, and I want to know when it's interrupted and
16 re-established, preferably with good error reporting. It would suffice
17 when I get an email telling me that the connection is down/up.
21 Again we must be afraid of speaking of daemons for fear that daemons
22 might swallow us. Finally, this fear has become reasonable.