From: Sigi Schwartz <sigi.schwartz@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] mozilla-thunderbird-bin-1.5.0.7 missing
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:19:17
1 Hi,
2
3 ever since Thunderbird-1.5.0.7 came out I've been waiting for the binary
4 package (thunderbird-bin) to find its way to portage.
5
6 See, after building Thunderbird-1.5.0.5 from source I had problems
7 getting the Enigmail plugin to work properly. Someone obviously came up
8 with the idea to put the Enigmail PLUGIN into portage and create a
9 dependency between both packages. To me it means I have to rely on
10 what's in portage again. Alright, no big deal.
11
12 If I remember correctly the Enigmail plugin was not shown in the plugin
13 list in Thunderbird. OK, no big deal again. Configuring would be done
14 via menu.
15
16 Not getting the plugin to work properly... is a big deal! I can't read
17 certain encrypted messages anymore, which is unacceptable. I think some
18 more testing is needed before such solutions go stable. Anyway,
19 unmerging both packages, emerging thunderbird-bin instead, and
20 installing the plugin manually works just fine. I would like to keep it
21 that way, but the lack of new thunderbird-bin versions is just not
22 satisfying.
23
24 So, my questions would be:
25 - When do new thunderbird-bin versions arrive? OR
26 - How can I help creating an appropriate ebuild for that package? Is
27 there some howto? Maybe the necessary changes are just marginal. OR
28 - What was my mistake with the Thunderbird from source story?
29
30 Any help would be appreciated.
31
32 Cheers,