From: Ryan Tandy <tarpman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Reconstructing a Gentoo Installer Computer
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:33:53
1 Timothy A. Holmes wrote:
2 > I have read the wiki document about the USE flags, and I refer to that
3 > chart routinely as I am trying to construct these statements.
4 >
5 > http://www.gentoo.org/dyn/use-index.xml
6 >
7 > This is the document that I have been using, if there is a better one
8 > available on the web, I am quite open to using it, if someone can please
9 > send me a link.
10
11 Don't restrict yourself to wikis and web-based information. The best
12 portage and emerge manuals are exactly that - the portage and emerge
13 manuals.
14
15 $ man 5 portage
16 $ man 1 emerge
17 $ man 5 make.conf
18
19 Once you've thoroughly read and understood all three of those, come back
20 here.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list