From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Resolved : openshot-2.0.6.ebuild
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2016 15:14:46
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > > Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 > >> emerge --info | grep PYTHON
6
7 > > PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4"
8 > > USE_PYTHON
9
10 > The solution is right there in the original output. The ebuild needs
11 > 3_4, you have 2_7. So set it in USE.
12
13 So you are saying the first output of that env parse is the default setting?
14 I thought eselect set the priority::
17 # eselect python list
18 Available Python interpreters:
19 [1] python2.7
20 [2] python3.4 *
23 If that's not true where do I got to set the default to 3.4?
24
25 I.E. where is the best place to set that env varialble for python? Is it
26 a system default that is not address by eselect?
27
28 It was set up to python 3.4 by default, according to eselect. The openshot
29 (EAPI-6) ebuild did not pick this up, automatically, so I set these falgs
30 manually in ::/etc/portage/package.use/package.use::
31
32 media-video/openshot python_single_target_python3_4
33 dev-python/PyQt5 webkit gui widgets opengl network printsupport
34
35 I view python 2.x and deprecated, hence I never want to set it as
36 a default, ymmv.
37
38 I guess it's a bug as I have not had problem with other python codes/ebuilds.
39 I'd need some verification on the status as a bug to file with bgo.
40
41 thx for all the help and comments to everyone.
42 James