From: Iain Buchanan <iaindb@××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] eth0 fallback configuration is ignored
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 12:34:05
1 On Sat, 2007-10-27 at 13:48 +0200, Jules Colding wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > My "/etc/conf.d/net" says:
5 >
6 > config_eth0=( "dhcp" )
7 > fallback_eth0=( "192.168.3.3/24" )
8 > fallback_route_eth0=( "default via 192.168.3.1" )
11 > But dhcpcd is ignoring this. Instead it is using
12 > "/var/lib/dhcpcd/dhcpcd-eth0.info" to set eth0. This looks like the '-E'
13 > option is used, but where? How can I make my fallback configuration
14 > effective?
15
16 is it by any chance assigning you a 169... address? Did you recently
17 upgrade dhcpcd to ... around ... 3.1.6 I think? Anyway, it now tries
18 "zeroconf" or whatever it's called, to give you an address when there's
19 no server around. Personally I don't like it, but you can decide :)
20
21 If you read your elog messages you would have seen:
22
23 "You have installed dhcpcd with zeroconf support.
24 This means that it will always obtain an IP address even if no
25 DHCP server can be contacted, which will break any existing
26 failover support you may have configured in your net configuration.
27 This behaviour can be controlled with the -L flag.
28 See the dhcpcd man page for more details."
29
30 get rid of the zeroconf use flag or use -L.
31
32 HTH,
36 In ancient China there is a legend that one day a child will be born
37 from a dragon, grow to be a man, and vanquish evil from the land. That
38 man is not Chuck Norris, because Chuck Norris killed that man.
41 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list