From: Floyd Anderson <f.a@××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads Up - glibc-2.27 breaks my system
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2018 21:07:34
1 Hi Helmut,
2
3 On Fri, 02 Feb 2018 18:34:23 +0100
4 Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be> wrote:
5 >With glibc-2.27 installed I cannot compile anything, since most
6 >packages try to include <gnu/stubs-32.h>
7 >which doesn't exit any more.
8 >And downgrading glibc using a binary package doesn't work.
9 >
10 >It looks like I have to restore my system from a recent backup,
11 >very annoying!
12
13 Restoring your backup is probably faster but I want to point out the
14 possibility of an intermediate build chroot [1] to get back a working
15 toolchain. This helped me in the past to solve troubles with glibc and
16 when I didn’t knew about buildpkg/buildsyspkg for FEATURES variable.
19 Link:
20 - [1] <https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Upgrading_Gentoo#Updating_old_systems>
23 Good luck, bleeding edge(r) and thank you for the warning.
27 Regards,
28 floyd