From: dhk <dhkuhl@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Monitor Resolution
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 11:03:42
1 After a recent xorg upgrade my display hasn't been quite right. It's
2 all usable, but it looks like the resolution is wrong. The resolution
3 is now set at the highest 1024x768 where it use to be 1280x1024.
4
5 Gnome->System->Preference->Monitors
6 Under Monitor Preferences the monitor is Unknown, Resolution 1024x768,
7 Refresh Rate 0 Hz, and Rotation Normal. The Detect monitors button
8 doesn't seem to do anything. The only other option under Resolution is
9 800x600.
10
11 I have a fairly new Samsung 932BW LCD Monitor and using an Nvidia
12 graphics card.
13
14 Any ideas on how to get my display back?
15
16 Thanks,
17
18 dhk