From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Separate instances of Firefox require separate profiles
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:40:36
1 Walter Dnes <waltdnes <at> waltdnes.org> writes:
4 > I vaguely remember a while ago, somebody on this list asked about
5
6 > firefox -new-instance -P trusted &
7 > firefox -new-instance -P default &
8 > ps -ef | grep firefox
9
10 Very cool.
11
12 I have sometimes wanted to use the same bookmarks file/db for
13 all of my web browesers I have compiled on a given system.
14 For seamonkey and firefox that should not be too difficult
15 as they have the same file structure in your ~<home>/.mozilla/
16 directory structures. So just point them (sym link) to the same file
17 should do the trick, as long as they are both not running
18 at the same time.
19
20 The tricks I never got around to figuring out was how to use
21 the same bookmarks, simultaneously with both running that the same
22 time, as well as other differnt web browsers, such as Opera etc
23 etc.
24
25 Suggestions and ideas are most welcome on this scenario.
26
27 James