From: Maxim Wexler <maxim.wexler@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] was Re: X crashes with nvidia-173 driver now X crash on eee w/intel driver
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 05:06:12
1 >
2 > Will see how it works.
3
4 Not very well. About an hour after emerging the 2.9.1 drivers the
5 screen went black and I had to reboot to get back to the desktop. I
6 notice it only seems to happen while scrolling a window in firefox.
7 I've left the unit on overnight with no problem. When I get back to
8 ctrl-alt-f1. there is this msg repeated down the console.
9
10 Gdk - Warning*** XID collision trouble ahead.
11
12 FWIW, there is this tidbit in the boot console:
13 [...]
14 * Checking battery state...
15 error: libhal_ctx_set_dbus_connection: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound:
16 Failed to connect to socket /var/run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such
17 file or directory
18 [...]
19
20 we seem to be getting off-topic so I amended thesubject line
21
22 mw