From: Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [nfs] nfs mount settings
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 01:20:40
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> writes:
2
3 [...]
4
5 >> Logging my user out and back in I see the gid 15 now is wheel so the
6 >> same as solaris.
7 >
8 > When you do this, you only change the username attached to the gid. Remember
9 > that the filesystem does not know or care what username you use, it only knows
10 > about gids. You now need to find every file group owned by man's old gid and
11 > chown it to man's new gid. Put another way, the man groups files now appear to
12 > belong to the wheel group, and the wheel group's files are orphaned. This
13 > ought to do it:
14
15 > - umount nfs shares
16 > - find / -gid 15 -exec chown :16 {} +;
17
18 Not many files have group man... mainly /var/cache/man/*
19
20 > - find / -gid 10 -exec chown :15 {} +;
21 > - mount nfs shares
22
23 I'm working on that... but that would only get to files NOT on the nfs
24 mount. Far as on the nfs mount...where the `cp -a' problem is, the
25 numeric gids are the same on all machines now.
26
27 [...]
28
29 >> But with all that in place.... a copy using `-a' still causes the the
30 >> same error warning.
31 >
32 > Let's try something stupid :-)
33
34 > cp -a is a GNU extension IIRC, and Solaris userland does not support it.
35 > Try cp -pr just for fun
36
37 The server is opensolaris.. which has lots of gnus tools... including
38 cp -a, but just making sure:
39
40 cd /projects
41 touch file
42 cp -rp file file2
43 cp: preserving permissions for `file2': Operation not supported
44
45 > Also, there's an ACL on that file (the +). What are those rules, determined by
46 > getfacl? It shouldn't make a difference as ACLs cannot take away a user's
47 > permissions. But SELinux can ... offhand I cannot think of anything on Solaris
48 > that works similarly - anything ring a bell here about your nfs server?
49
50 getfacl doesn't show anything as an acl...
51 getfacl file
52 # file: file
53 # owner: reader
54 # group: wheel
55 user::rw-
56 group::r--
57 mask::rwx
58 other::r--
59
60 > What are your mount options on the client side, and the relevant line in
61
62 I posted those already.. `noauto,users,exec,dev,suid'
63
64 > exports on the server side?
65
66 opensolaris running zfs filesystem doesn't use an exports list.
67
68 nfs exporting is done by using the:
69
70 `zfs set sharenfs=on' cmd on the desired member of a zfs filesystem.
71
72 I don't really know what the defaults are and not really sure how to
73 find out either.
74
75 I've run into something more serious in the course of investigating
76 about the nfs mount... a reboot of gentoo has shown that I have no
77 keyboard or mouse once I turn X on.
78
79 So the nfs stuff will have to wait.... its working well enough for me
80 to work on the mounted filesystem for now anyway.