From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Network configuration - Two ips one from dhcp & other static
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 17:15:57
1 Nilesh Govindarajan <contact <at> nileshgr.com> writes:
4 > > Well, the title tells the question clearly; how do I configure network
5 > > such that the first ip is obtained via dhcpcd and other is static?
6 > > config_eth0="dhcp <static>" doesn't work.
7
8 Did you look at /etc/conf.d/net.example for hints?
9
10 > > As a solution I wrote a dhcpcd hook containing /sbin/ifconfig eth0:0
11 > > <ip> netmask <netmask>
14 Maybe not launch your script for a few minutes (timing?) via crontab
15 if nothing else works?
18 James