From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: @preserved-rebuild gone in a loop
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2013 12:31:32
1 On 15/12/13 11:51, Mick wrote:
2 > Not sure why, but for some reason running emerge @preserved-rebuild does not
3 > seem to fix some preserved libs links:
4 >
5 > !!! existing preserved libs:
6 >>>> package: x11-libs/pango-1.34.1
7 > * - /usr/lib/libpangox-1.0.so.0
8 > * - /usr/lib/libpangox-1.0.so.0.3000.1
9 >
10 > This is all caused by some hack I have in my local portage for app-
11 > antivirus/avast4workstation-1.3.0-r2. No matter how many times I run
12 > @preserved-rebuild the libs in question keep coming up:
13
14 Yes, that's to be expected. Avast is a binary, it's not built from
15 sources, so there's no link step involved that would link against the
16 new pango libs.
17
18 I'm not sure if it'll work, by try emerging x11-libs/pangox-compat. If
19 that doesn't help, then your only option is to downgrade your pango
20 version to the version that doesn't exhibit the problem and mask all
21 newer versions.