From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OneDrive access from Linux using webdavs
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2015 10:25:24
1 On Friday 28 Aug 2015 12:55:37 you wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > Apparently OneDrive, the Microsoft cloud storage, is using the webdav
5 > protocol. However, to effect authentication OneDrive uses redirection to a
6 > different URL, which breaks Linux connections to it. This page explains
7 > someone's attempts using the previous MS offering of SkyDrive:
8 >
9 > http://blog.lazut.in/2012/12/skydrive-webdav-access.html
10 >
11 > I've tried the suggestions using both cadaver and dolphin. Both failed to
12 > connect. I have not used net-fs/davfs2 to mount OneDrive, but I read in
13 > the above link that davfs2 does not handle redirects either.
14 >
15 > Would you know of some trick to allow me to access onedrive from Linux?
16 > Read only access will do for the use case I have in mind, which is to
17 > browse and download some files from a customer's shared folder.
20 > PS. I've also found 'onedrive-d' a python script/program, which does not
21 > seem to be available in portage, or any overlays. Do you know if there's
22 > an ebuild somewhere for it? However, I think that this is for synch'ing a
23 > local fs to OneDrive - something I am not necessarily interested in.
24
25 What?! No-one on this list had to use OneDrive? I can't believe it. :p
28 Regards,
29 Mick