From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage Sneakernet
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 2007 13:27:27
1 On Wednesday 01 August 2007 02:53, Richard Marz wrote:
2 > I have a networkless box that I've gentoo installed on. I grabbed the
3 > latest portage snapshot from one of the mirrors. I ran emerge -DNeF
4 > world and system on my networked machine to try and fetch every possible
5 > file needed to install my world and system programs. Then I tarred the
6 > distfiles directory which was about 2.5GB and dumped it
7 > into /usr/portage/ on my networkless box. When installing certain
8 > programs on my networkless pc; It complains about not being able to
9 > fetch some package dependencies. Is there an emerge option/switch that I
10 > can use to make sure I fetch every possible depedency/package for every
11 > package in my world and system set. The portage snapshots and distfiles
12 > are in sync. Thanks.
13
14 I have noticed that certain packages will always try to download the latest
15 sources. The only way out that I know of is to modify the ebuild file.
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick