From: Corbin <corbinbird@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMD microcode updates - where are they?!
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 12:50:44
1 On 7/17/19 5:58 AM, Mick wrote:
2 > Hmm ... My last line looks the same like Rich's, but different to yours:
3 >
4 > # cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/vulnerabilities/spectre_v2
5 > Mitigation: Full AMD retpoline, STIBP: disabled, RSB filling
6 >
7 > I don't have IBPB mentioned in there at all. I'm on gentoo-sources-4.19.57.
8 > Are you running a later kernel?
9 >
10 > According to this article a microcode update seems to be necessary, but I'm
11 > not sure if this statement only applies to Intel CPUs:
12 >
13 > https://access.redhat.com/articles/3311301#indirect-branch-prediction-barriers-ibpb-10
14 >
15 ------
16
17 My kernel version : 4.19.59
18
19 Please note that I am using the "experimental" USE FLAG for
20 "sys-kernel/gentoo-sources".
21
22 CPU selected is "AMD Piledriver"
23
24 Also, I am using the latest firmware for "sys-kernel/linux-firmware" (
25 20190712:0 ).
26
27 Kernel command line parameters on boot :
28
29 "spectre_v2=on spectre_v2_user=on spec_store_bypass_disable=on"
32 Corbin