From: Joe Peterson <joe@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Change Partition Type
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2006 20:08:59
1 No problem!
2
3 Just reformat /dev/hda1. Doing this will not touch the other
4 partitions. Of course, if you are booting off of /dev/hda1 now, this is
5 problematic...
6
7 See the man page for mkfs for more info. Something like:
8
9 mkfs -t ext2 -m1 /dev/hda1
10
11 -Joe
14 Michael Crute wrote:
15 > I have a laptop and when I initially setup the partitions I
16 > anticipated that I would install Windoze along side of Linux for
17 > gaming purposes, I now realize that this is never going to happen and
18 > would like to change the partition type from NTFS to Linux Native. Is
19 > it possible to do this without hurting the other partitions on the
20 > disk? I really can't afford to re-format/re-install the whole machine
21 > right now.
22 >
23 > The partition structure looks like this:
24 > hda1 -> NTFS (unformatted, want to convert over to Linux Native + ext3)
25 > hda2 -> Swap
26 > hda3 -> Linux Native (formatted ext3 with Gentoo installed)
27 >
28 > -Mike
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list