From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
Subject: [gentoo-user] webrsync
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2020 19:11:49
1 emerge-webrsync has just eaten my /usr/portage :-( ;-(
2
3 I let it run unattended. When I came back I saw first some complaints
4 from rsync about "vanished" files ... something like
5
6 /usr/portage/_build has vanished before it could be transferred
7
8 and under that portage breaking all over because things in /usr/portage
9 were missing. And indeed when I look now, almost everything is gone -
10 all subdirectories including profiles/ and eclass/ are empty (not
11 distfiles/ but that is not surprising).
12
13 Not a hardware problem - there are no syslog messages about i/o errors.
14
15 What has happened and how can I fix it?
18 Ian