From: Jake Moe <jakesaddress@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange problem with audio CDs
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:07:38
1 I can't seem to get audio CDs to work with my drive. Data CDs work
2 fine, I can mount the filesystem and read them. Data and Video DVDs
3 seem to work fine as well. But when I try to listen to an audio CD, I
4 get the attached errors in log.bz2. I've tried using things from KsCD
5 to cdplay; everything gives the same errors. Googling seems to indicate
6 that there might be a problem with udev somehow, but most of those that
7 I find have the "fix" as "update to the latest udev using apt/rpm/other
8 binary distro package tool", which obviously won't work for Gentoo.
9 Other solutions seem to be "update to libATA", but I'm already using that.
10
11 I've gone through and tried to check anything obvious in my kernel
12 config, but I can't see anything that'd affect it like this. Also, if I
13 reboot into Windows (this laptop is a work computer as well), it plays
14 and rips the same CDs just fine.
15
16 Hardware is an HP EliteBook nc6930p laptop. CD/DVD drive is /dev/sr0.
17 Controller is:
18
19 00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation ICH9M/M-E SATA AHCI
20 Controller (rev 03) (prog-if 01 [AHCI 1.0])
21 Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company Device 30dc
22 Flags: bus master, 66MHz, medium devsel, latency 0, IRQ 46
23 I/O ports at 8118 [size=8]
24 I/O ports at 813c [size=4]
25 I/O ports at 8110 [size=8]
26 I/O ports at 8138 [size=4]
27 I/O ports at 8000 [size=32]
28 Memory at d8426000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=2K]
29 Capabilities: [80] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/16 Maskable- 64bit-
30 Capabilities: [70] Power Management version 3
31 Capabilities: [a8] SATA HBA <?>
32 Capabilities: [b0] PCI Advanced Features
33 Kernel driver in use: ahci
34
35 Oddly, if I open Konqueror and type in "audiocd:/", it lists the tracks,
36 and has the FLAC, MP3, Ogg, etc folders. But it won't play or copy the
37 files; it gives the error in error.gif.
38
39 Any other info you need, please let me know. This is driving me nuts.
40
41 Jake Moe

log.bz2 application/x-bzip2
error.gif image/gif