From: Joseph <syscon780@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] crontab - "and' condition
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 04:21:57
1 On 09/18/14 19:14, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 >On 18/09/2014 18:44, Joseph wrote:
3 >> I want to run a cron job only once a month. The problem is the computer
4 >> is only on on weekdays Mon-Fri. 1-5
5 >>
6 >> cron tab as this below is an "or" condition as it has entries in Days of
7 >> the Months and Day of the Week
8 >>
9 >> 5 18 1 * 2 rsync -av ...
10 >>
11 >> so it will run on days 1 or Tuesday of each months.
12 >>
13 >> Is it possible to create "and" condition, eg. run it on Tuesday between
14 >> days 1 to 7; depend on which day Tuesday falls on?
17 >Not in one line.
18 >
19 >Split it into two crontab entries.
20
21 Interesting. How do you split cron job? I couldn't find any examples.
24 Joseph