From: Greg Bur <greg.bur@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] 32 bit binaries: installing/running on amd64 system
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 06:57:40
1 On 11/13/05, Alan E. Davis <lngndvs@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Thank you, Greg:
3
4 Glad to help
5
6 > I think this is a step in the right direction. However, does this apply to
7 > 32 bit binaries one might wish to install from an RPM, for example, or a DEB
8 > file, from a 32 bit dist? Note the following:
11 Since you are basically building a 32-bit system in an environment
12 similar to what you used to build your original system you would
13 simply need to install the appropriate software into the 32-bit chroot
14 environment. Once you have rpm and the Debian utilities installed you
15 should be able to install packages from RPM or DEB although you will
16 probably have to force the installations. I should mention that I
17 myself am still quite new to using a 32-bit chroot environment on a
18 64-bit system so I may not have all of my facts correct but hopefully
19 this is enough to get you on your way.
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list