From: Rumen Yotov <rumen@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] <OT>: virtual Windows solution...
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2006 17:41:31
1 Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I still can not get rid completely of MS-Windows, because I am
5 > forced to use some MS-Windows programs. So I am looking for some
6 > "virtual" solution, which I could use with my gentoo-workstation.
7 >
8 > Now my question is, what is generaly a better solution
9 > (stability, compatibility, hardware requirements point of view):
10 >
11 > - to use "Windows emulator" aka Wine (I know, it is NOT emulator)
12 > - or to use "PC emulator" + Windows installed (like VMware) ???
13 >
14 > Up to now I did not test any of them, so could someone please
15 > be so kind and summarise his/her experience, ev. compare those
16 > solutions?
17 >
18 > Thanks,
19 > Jarry
20 >
21 > (BTW, just yesterday VMware released a free vmware-server...)
22 Hi,
23 Try qemu+kqemu - both are in Portage.
24 Rumen

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature