From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: High resolution on a 13 inch screen
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2017 13:29:20
1 >> Is there a way to digitally discover the true height and width of your
2 >> screen in mm?
5 > If you know the shadow mask/dot pitch [1] or the real pixel per inch of your
6 > screen, then calculate it. This way you see if software reports wrong
7 > values.
10 Got it:
11
12 http://pixensity.com/list/dell-xps-13-4331/
15 > BTW: X supports -dpi parameter/option. I use it in my xserverrc (xinit
16 > server script) configuration and the Xorg.0.log reports the correct and
17 > prior calculated values.
20 I think I read that there is no xorg.conf directive for DPI. But X
21 should get it right if I use:
22
23 DisplaySize 294 166
24