From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Boot Gentoo live iso from grub
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 00:34:14
1 On Sunday, 18 February 2018 15:13:52 GMT Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 14:32:54 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 > > > You can also add extra boot options, like setting the keymap to avoid
4 > > > the boot process pausing to ask for your choice.
5 > > >
6 > > > There's also a way to boot systemrescuecd from a bootloader that
7 > > > doesn't support ISO loading, like the systemd UEFI boot manager (aka
8 > > > gummiboot).
9 > >
10 > > I just plug in the SysRescCD USB-3 stick.
11 > >
12 > > Much less complication ;)
13 >
14 > If you can find the USB stick when you need it. This way sysrescd is
15 > always available without having to sift through all the rubbish on my
16 > desk.
17 >
18 > And yes, I prefer a scripted solution to actually tidying my desk ;-)
19
20 I get my desk tidied for me every fortnight, like it or not, when my cleaner
21 organises me. Ir seems not to have occurred to her that the reason that
22 everything is always in the same place when she comes it that that's where I
23 want it. :)
26 Regards,
27 Peter.