From: Corbin Bird <corbinbird@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] audio controller compatible with Linux
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2018 22:26:38
1 On 02/23/2018 03:21 PM, thelma@×××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Can anybody suggest an audio controller / speakers that is compatible
3 > with Linux (something that does not need Mac, iPhone or Windows etc).
4 > For example, if I play the music on my Linux system or listen to an
5 > audio I would like to stream it throughout the house.
6 >
7 > It can be wired or wireless. I have audio/video cables running from
8 > basement to every room in a house, so wiring is not a problem.
9 >
10 .
11 I turned an old computer into a 'music box' for my parents.
12 Gentoo system with X Windows , Exaile, and Asunder.
13 I put a good soundcard in it and ran the audio output to the stereo
14 system receiver.
15 Added two drives for 4 Gg of audio file storage, as well.
16 No networking for it. Standalone system.
17 ( My parents are not interested in learning how to update a Gentoo box. )
18
19 No problems.
20
21 They got rid of the Cable TV / ISP providers music channels.
22 No need for them now.
23
24 Corbin