From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DRM error: couldn't read SADs
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2018 10:23:55
1 On Tuesday, 13 February 2018 01:10:16 GMT Jack wrote:
2
3 > It's been a long time since I've needed to do it, and it was also due
4 > to a (cheap?) KVM switch, but I think there are two things that might
5 > help. First, if you boot the PC with that monitor connected, it might
6 > actually read the EDID data. Even if not, if you can capture it (one
7 > time use of a straigt DVI or VGA cable?) you can save it tp a file
8 > using x11-misc/read-edid, and then there is a way to get kernel/X to
9 > read that EDID file at startup instead of trying and failing to get it
10 > directly from the monitor. If you can't find a reference, I'll dig and
11 > try to figure out if it's kernel paramater or xorg.conf that you need
12 > to mess with.
13
14 Yes, I remember something along those lines - reading EDID from a file
15 instead of the device. I don't think it's that simple though, as the screen
16 is being driven at the right resolution. I just get half-a-dozen or so
17 errors reported during a full day.
18
19 I'm expecting the bits to make a direct connection to arrive today, so
20 fingers crossed ...
23 Regards,
24 Peter.