From: Adam Carter <Adam.Carter@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Really weird network problem
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 00:05:40
1 Hello,
2
3 I have some strange network problem: i can ping(icmp works), i
4 can arping(arp works), my dns works, btw routes also looks ok,
7 Ok - just to clarify, you are sucessfully pinging the webserver you want
8 to contact by name - is that correct? If so, that indicates that arp,
9 dns and routing are all ok.
12 but then I try to open any site all i get is "request sent"
13 message from links, or connection broken to x.x.x.x ... from conquer,
14 and opera just displays empty pages,
15 and i dont think i have firewall(I'am quite new to entoo).
16 Internet from windows and from livecd works without problems. My best
17 gues is it`s something wrong with tcp, maybe someone had a similar
18 problem and could share their experience?
19 Thanks in advance. Sorry for english:)
22 The only time i have seen this sort of thing is when there is a firewall
23 or MTU issue, but that would be unlikely here. Next stop is to run
24 netstat or a sniffer to see what's happening, but send the ping output
25 here first.
26
27 Rgs,
28 Adam