From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] ADSL CONNECTION PROBLEMS
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:23:29
1 On Monday 30 October 2006 19:54, Mick wrote:
2
3 > Indeed! Why when I just hit Reply to a message, I end up posting it
4 > in the gentoo-user mailing list?! This has happened a couple of times
5 > so far. The strange thing is that on some of these cases the messages
6 > were not even sent to my gmail.com account. A common theme may have
7 > something to do with me selecting the "Send Later" feature which is
8 > useful when I am composing the reply offline. Ahh, the mysteries of
9 > Kmail . . . :)
10 >
11 > Has anyone else noticed this behaviour with their messages?
12
13 Don't know about the rest, but the "send later" feature has hit me in the
14 past, too. What can happen is that a message you suspend with "send
15 later" actually gets sent automatically after a few, if,
16 in "settings->configure kmail->accounts->sending->send messages in
17 outbox folder", you have "on manual mail checks" or "on all mail
18 checks".
19 (Remember that "send later" puts the message in the outbox folder, not in
20 the drafts folder).
21
22 So, to avoid surprises, either use "save in drafts folder" instead
23 of "send later", or use "never automatically" for the above setting.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list