From: Yuan MEI <yuan.mei.list@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Mouse device order
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 14:30:52
1 Hi,
2
3 I am using a ThinkPad laptop, so usually I have three mouse
4 devices, touchpad, touchpoint and an external USB mouse. In X11, I
5 want the external USB mouse be CorePointer and the other two be
6 AlwaysCore, so that I can re-mapping the USB mouse keys for left-hand
7 use, while keeping the on-laptop mouse keys unchanged.
8
9 To do this, I have to refer to the three mouses independently
10 through /dev/input/mouse0,1,2. The problem is, each time I reboot the
11 machine, the three device files have different corresponding devices,
12 totally unpredictable. So, is there a way to designate which device
13 file should correspond to which mouse? And what should I do?
14 --
15 Yuan MEI
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list