From: Mal Herring <mal@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] Few questions from Gentoo (not Linux) newb
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 06:42:29
1 > Q3) When emerging packages I get a message saying something
2 > like /etc 42 files need fixing (or similar do not have the
3 > machine here to try). What should I actually do ? Why this message ?
4
5 I'm guessing that you have config files that need updating. etc update
6 is the tool for this or dispatch-conf which I find better...
7
8 Search forums.gentoo.org for the dispatch-conf how-to and get that going
9 - be careful though, many people (me included) have hosed their system
10 be selecting the wrong settings - back up first, again dispatch-conf
11 does this but I would copy etc off elsewhere just in case...
14 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list