From: nate <nate@×××××××.us>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] custom ebuild questions
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 22:37:43
1 I'm not sure if this is the proper list, if it is not I apologize and
2 if someone could tell me which I should use it would be appreciated.
3
4 I'm having a few issues, and I'm not exactly sure where these are
5 exactly.
6
7 First off I built a custom apache-2.0.58 ebuild from the one in the
8 portage tree. It seems to have compiled just fine, and reads all of
9 our previous apache configs, it even loads up php just fine and
10 dandy. The reason for this custom build was we needed a specific
11 layout that we have created, which was used during the compiling of
12 apache.
13
14 Next onto php. Since our application relies heavily on php for the
15 back end we have several patches that we have created, as well as
16 needing very specific things done in the ./configure portion of
17 compiling. The patches applied just fine, I looked for the lines
18 that were changed in the source code while it was compiling and they
19 did change. The ./configure that I put inside /usr/portage/eclass/
20 depend.apache also ran with no problems.
21
22 My php.ini location was specified in two locations, first with --with-
23 config-file-path=/etc/apache as well as modifying PHP_INI_DIR="/etc/
24 apache/" in /usr/portage/eclass/php5_1-sapi.eclass, though a php -i
25 still shows the default location for the gentoo build at /etc/php/
26 apache2-php5/php.ini. I know it's silly to require our php.ini to be
27 in /etc/apache, but currently that's where a *lot* of code looks for
28 that file, symbolic links cause issues so the file must reside there.
29
30 Finally libphp5.so does not seem to compile *at all.* This is
31 troublesome considering I am compiling with the apache support
32 enabled. Without that I won't be able to use php scripts through
33 apache, any idea why that doesn't exist?
34 --
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list