From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Portage -> touch files
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 10:42:14
1 * Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > It won't interfere with running ebuilds, because pgrep emerge
4 > will cause it to exit if emerge is running.
5
6 Ah, I missed that point ;-o
7
8 > Deleting anything over a day old is dangerous, think openoffice
9 > on a slow/loaded machine.
10
11 Therefore I'm using more than one day. Actually, I don't use
12 overbloated stuff like OO ;-P
13
14 > ebuilds should clean up after themselves, so you only get cruft
15 > in $PORTAGE_TMPDIR when an ebuild fails.
16
17 Right, but this tends to be quite often in the last time :(
18
19 > No, it doesn't clean distfiles, but you didn't ask about them,
20 > use eclean for that.
21
22 hmm, won't help me very much, since I don't want to keep distfiles
23 for already installed packages, but those which are scheduled
24 for update (running nightly emerge -uDF world).
27 cu
28 --
30 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
32 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
33 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
34 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
35 http://patches.metux.de/
37 --
38 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list