From: Michael <confabulate@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cannot emerge chromium 89.0.4343.0
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 17:39:27
1 On Wednesday, 9 December 2020 17:31:29 GMT John Covici wrote:
2 > On Wed, 09 Dec 2020 11:20:06 -0500,
3 >
4 > Mark Knecht wrote:
5 > > [1 <text/plain; UTF-8 (7bit)>]
6 > >
7 > > On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 8:16 AM John Covici <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
8 > > > Hi. In my latest update I cannot emerge Chromium 89.0.4343.0. I am
9 > > > finding it very hard to tell even where the error is, so I am asking
10 > > > for help to figure this out. I am attaching the entire build log to
11 > > > this message because someone smarter than myself may be able to tell
12 > > > me what is happpening here.
13 > > >
14 > > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
15 > > >
16 > > > --
17 > > > Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
18 > > > How do
19 > > > you spend it?
20 > > >
21 > > > John Covici wb2una
22 > > > covici@××××××××××.com
23 > >
24 > > Down near the bottom it says (something like - I cannot copy it for some
25 > > reason) v8_base_without_compiler/intl-objects failed.
26 > >
27 > > It seems V8 is Google's Javascript stuff.
28 > >
29 > > Building with -j1 would likely fail exactly where the problem is. I think
30 > > it's building with -j2 which means this error is 1 back.
31 > >
32 > > No idea how to solve.
33 >
34 > OK, here it is with -j1, still not sure where the exact error is:
35
36 I think it complains about the internationalisation components for unicode -
37 are you building it with USE="+system-icu"? Perhaps without it the bundled
38 code will work better. Or, run a @world update first and then come back to it
39 in case everything falls in line and completes without an error.